Every laptop user is unique. There’s no one size fits all when it comes to laptops. A college student looking for a budget laptop will have very different requirements from a professional who needs a business laptop. Therefore, there are several factors to consider when choosing a laptop. Here are some of the most important parameters to keep in mind when buying your next laptop.
- 1. Size: Most laptops typically start at 11.6 inches and go all the way up to 17.3 inches. The most popular size ranges between 13.5 to 15.5 inches. If you are someone who travels a lot, a slimmer 13.5 inch laptop like the MacBook Air or the Asus VivoBook 14 make sense. If you’re looking for a laptop with greater specs and greater number of ports ( USB ports ), a larger, more robust 15-inch laptop is preferred.
- Processing Power: Intel’s i3, i5 and i7 processors are the options to choose from. Most good laptops come with an i5 processor. Most high-speed tasks are supported by the i5. If you’re someone who requires top processing performance, i7 is the obvious choice. However i7 laptops are power-intensive and are very expensive. Check out no-cost EMI options on Amazon to work out the expenses. The Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 15.6 inch Notebook is a good choice if you need an i7 processor.
- RAM : An 8 GB ram is highly recommended. Anything less than that is outdated and will slow down your laptop significantly. Most good laptops come with an 8 GB RAM. If you’re a gamer or involved in tasks which require a lot of memory, you can consider a 16 or 32 GB RAM.
- Brand and Design: A laptop’s brand is an important factor to consider. Leading brands such as HP, Lenovo, Dell and Apple to name a few, are always reliable options. Most new users want a sleek design which is easy to carry. If you want a laptop which folds into a tablet, that’s also available. You can also add a nice laptop sleeve to make your laptop look more attractive. You can find laptop sleeves on Myntra. Since they can be on the pricey side, you can pay for them using the no-cost EMI option on Myntra.
- Hard drive capacity: A hard drive stores all documents, images, videos and system files. Therefore it’s important that it is large enough. Most laptops come with a hard drive capacity of about 320 GB. However 500GB to 1TB is preferable. Existing hard drives can also be expanded or replaced based on usage.
- Screen Type: Pixels are tiny dots that make up your laptop screen. The number of pixels, called the display resolution, determines how clear and sharp your screen is. Most good laptops come with a 1080p or HD resolution. The best resolution available in the market right now is the 4K type. Many high end laptops such as the HP Envy Core and the MacBook Pro use high resolutions like Ultra HD and Retina Display respectively.
- Price: Let’s address the elephant in the room. Many good laptops are expensive. But what if you can buy a laptop on EMI? I’m sure that would make things easier. ZestMoney can help you do this. All you need to do is sign up with Zest Money, activate your credit limit and pay for your dream laptop with Zest Money.
With these helpful tips, you’re sure to find the perfect laptop that ticks all the boxes and comes within your price range.