Streaming is now the number one source of entertainment among others. During the whole covid-19 pandemic phase, there were more than a billion users who actively accessed streaming services. The numbers are only getting higher.
Among some of the top streaming services is Netflix, gathering around 74 million users in the US and Canada alone. Speaking of Netflix, the most widely used library is the US one. However, there are less chances of you accessing it outside the US and its territories. The only way you’ll be able to access it, is by using the best VPN.
Why can’t you access the US Netflix outside the US or its regions?
The thing about Netflix as a whole is that the service is subjected to copyright laws. With that said, if you try and access any of the libraries from a different location, you’ll see an error message. Since Netflix limits access to the service, it’s also pretty strict on users who access the service with a VPN.
Netflix has detecting tools that can make out IP addresses that aren’t registered within the US. When they receive more IP addresses from the US using the service than the actual headcount of people living in the US, they’re alerted that it’s through a VPN service.
When you use a VPN that is not reliable enough, and lets data leak through, Netflix can easily detect you and block you from using the service. With that said, it’s important that you use a VPN that’s strong, secure, and stable enough.
How to access the US Netflix library with a VPN
It’s pretty easy to get started, so as long as you’re connected to a VPN that is reliable. Here is how you can get started:
- Sign up with the best VPN that works with Netflix.
- Download and install the VPN.
- Launch the VPN
- Sign in to your account
- Connect to a US server.
- Clear your cookies and cache.
- Launch the Netflix app or browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- You now have access to the US Netflix server.
What to look for while choosing a VPN for Netflix
Regardless of whether you’re planning on accessing the US Netflix library, or the UK Netflix library, there are still certain features you need to look for when choosing a reliable VPN. Refer to the points below showing you how to choose one:
- Firstly, choose a VPN that allows testing and a reliable money-back guarantee. This is needed for you to be able to get a feel of the app.
- Look for a VPN that offers numerous servers in the US and other countries around the world. You will need the VPN for much more than just accessing one library from one streaming service.
- Online security and privacy are also crucial. With that said, the VPN you choose needs to offer top-grade AES 256-bit encryption, multiple protocols, a Kill Switch, DNS leak protection and multiple other security features.
- No one likes buffering while streaming a movie or TV show. The VPN you choose needs to not only offer speedy servers, but needs to be able to bypass ISP throttling.
- Most users utilize more than one device. It’s wise to choose a VPN that not only supports apps for multiple devices, but allows multi-device connections.
- Some countries have laws that are against accessing certain content, and log user data. Make sure that you get a VPN that doesn’t log user data, and is located in a region away from the 14-eyes.
Now that we’ve come towards the end of this guide, using the few pointers above, you now know how to access the US Netflix library from anywhere in the world! The tutorial above can also be used to access numerous other streaming services apart from Netflix. All you need to do is change around the servers and protocols depending on what you are trying to access.