This digital agency specialising in YouTube Advertising knows what billions of others know. This video sharing platform is a giant in every respect, with an audience and a reach that continues to grow.
While some social media platforms have plateaued in popularity, YouTube is as strong as it ever was. Just like Facebook, it needs to be part of every online marketing mix through the sheer weight of numbers alone. Some of those numbers are astounding.
- YouTube has two billion worldwide users.
- It’s the second most visited website in the world, behind Google but ahead of Facebook.
- Users watch over a billion hours of video per day
- Over 70% of YouTube’s content is viewed on mobile devices
- YouTube’s Android app has more than five billion installs
- Approximately 80% of shoppers claim to have accessed a video review on YouTube in the early stages of their shopping process.
- A survey showed that YouTube users watched over 50,000 years’ worth of review videos in a two-year period.
- Users are three times more likely to watch a tutorial video on YouTube than read an instruction manual that comes with the product.
- More than 80% of YouTube users live outside the United States.
- It’s suggested that YouTube mobile ads are 85% more likely to hold attention than TV ads.
Ignore those numbers and you’re literally turning your back on a global following of two billion people. Little wonder that YouTube Advertising is seen as a crucial service in any respectable digital agency. The numbers don’t lie and the results speak for themselves. But thinking you can post an ad on YouTube and let the statistics do the rest is wrong.
For example, audience targeting is just one area that presents some challenges through the sheer number of opportunities, including:
- Demographics such as location, age, gender, vocation and more.
- You can target audiences based on topics of interest.
- Customer match targeting lets you use first-party online and offline data to re-engage with customers who have shown interest in your brand in the past.
- Similar audience targeting means you can employ customer match data to reach users similar to the people who typically show interest in your ads.
- Video remarketing allows you to target users who have interacted with your videos in the past.
- Affinity audience targeting includes users with an interest in topics connected to your business.
- Custom affinity audience targeting lets you target users with an extremely specific set of interests that relate to your brand.
- In-market audiences lets you target those who are currently searching for products or services that you offer.
- Life event targeting makes a connection based on life events they’ve recently experienced like getting married, or becoming a parent.
This is why an online marketing company that specialises in YouTube advertising is worth its weight in gold. YouTube is a giant in every respect and one that presents opportunities of similar magnitude to marketers. But because of all the targeting options it presents to you, it needs an expert to guide you through that long but lucrative range of YouTube users. They’re diverse, and they’re there in their hundreds of millions.