With the internet entering almost all aspects of our lives, there has been a constant increase in the number of websites being launched. Since every website needs to be stored on a webserver to be accessible online, there has been a corresponding increase in the demand for website hosting services too.
For a company to offer web hosting, it needs to invest in the infrastructure, including servers, hardware, etc., and technical professionals to run and manage it efficiently. Hence, starting a web hosting company requires a high budget. However, with the number of websites being launched increasing exponentially, these companies were struggling to cater to all the requests. This is when Reseller Hosting evolved. Hosting companies started offering Reseller Hosting plans that allowed anyone to become a web host in a cost-efficient and hassle-free manner.
Today, we will talk about Reseller Hosting and understand how it works.
What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting is a cost-efficient and easy way to start a web hosting business. As a Hosting Reseller, you purchase a cheap Reseller Hosting plan, crate smaller packages, and sell them to your clients. While you service the clients, the infrastructure and maintenance of the servers are managed by the parent hosting company. There are different types of reseller plans available like cPanel Reseller Hosting on a Linux platform, plans on Windows platform, SSD-based plans, etc. Every reseller targets a specific market segment and chooses a plan that allows him to offer the best hosting services to his clients.
How does it work?
Here is how Reseller Hosting works:
- An individual or organization decides to start selling web hosting services as a reseller.
- It purchases a Reseller Hosting plan from a web hosting company. This includes bulk resources required to run a website like bandwidth, RAM, processing power, etc.
- Based on the target market, the Hosting Reseller creates packages that allow site owners to get their websites online.
- Most hosting companies offer white label support that allows resellers to create a brand, independent of the parent company. Hence, resellers can project themselves as being independent hosting providers and create a trusting relationship with their clients.
- Many web hosting companies also offer Reseller Hosting with WHMCS to help resellers run and manage their clients with ease.
There are many reasons why Reseller Hosting has evolved as a preferred way of entering the web hosting business. Many businesses into website-related services, like web design, development, digital marketing, etc. have started offering web hosting as an added service boosting their portfolio and creating happier clients. Also, since a Hosting Reseller has fewer clients than a hosting company, client service is more personalized and packages can be more customized to the site owner’s needs.
The following video explains Reseller Hosting in detail:
If you have been thinking of starting a Reseller Hosting business, then it is important to create a business plan, define your target market, assess competition, and strategize your marketing plan carefully. The web hosting industry is highly competitive but with the right plan, focus, and determination, you can soon establish a successful hosting business. Good Luck!