2019 witnessed more than one large, multibillion-dollar acquisition in fintech. If you want to know more about the changes in the financial field and see who can best help you with WorldPay reviews, read the lines below.
WorldPay Reviews& 2019 Fintech Deals, and More
2019 was a big year for the fintech space. Let’s look at the major deals of 2019:
- Morgan Stanley appointed 145 new MDs.
- Brexit-backing hedge fund manager Crispin Odey announced if Brexit wasn’t delivered, there would be risks of ‘revolution’.
- In January, Fiserv announced its plans to acquire First Data in a $22-billion deal.
- FIS made a decision to acquire WorldPay in March for $43 billion.
By the way, if you’re interested in reliable WorldPay reviews, all you need is to apply to a respectable payments-processor comparison expert in the UK that guarantees the most honest snapshot of companies at the time of writing. Make sure the payments specialist is focused on terms, complaints, and integration and can keep you away from dishonest sales tactics easily.
- May witnessed the merger of TSYS and Global Payments, which was valued at nearly $21.5 billion. It became the 3rdM&A deal in the financial/fintech space of over $20 billion last year.
- In December 2018, Visa announced its plans to acquire Earthport, account-to-account cross-border payments provider, for $250 million. In January 2019, MasterCard offered a higher offer.
Visa got clearance from the UK’s Competition and Market Authority, and the deal was signed in May. MasterCard’s Transfast deal closed in July.
- In August, MasterCard decided to obtain the majority of Nets’ corporate services business: the deal was valued at nearly $3.19 billion. This turned to be MasterCard’s biggest deal ever.
- PayPal bought the digital-shopping and rewards-platform Honey for $4 billion.
- February witnessed Western Union’ssale of Speedway to ACI at$750 million.
- Ant Financial bought the UK’s WorldFirstfor $700 million in February.
- Google acquired Fitbit for $2.1 billion in November.
To sum up, the market’s key trends and developments or merger and acquisitions were driven by significant transactions. Expect them to continue this year as well.
Author Bio: Payment industry guru Taylor Cole is a passionate payments expert who understands the complex world of merchant accounts and provides the most reliable WorldPay reviews. He also writes non-fiction, on subjects ranging from personal finance to stocks to cryptopay. He enjoys eating pie in his backyard porch, as should all right-thinking people.