Marketing seems to ride so many fads and trends that it is hard to know in which direction it is headed. For companies looking to promote their brand, it is just as difficult to know which trends to use within their marketing strategy.
This New Zealand based digital marketing company has seen marketing fads come and go. But they see one form of marketing as being a rock-solid foundation for any strategy: email marketing. It is one of the company’s core services, and it sits alongside Google Ads, Search Engine Optimisation, Facebook advertising, ecommerce marketing, programmatic marketing, and conversion rate optimisation.
Email marketing comes into its own when the discussion turns to reach, response, and conversion. Few marketing devices can match email, and this is borne out by the latest statistics:
- 89% of marketers use email as their main channel for lead generation.
- 86% of professionals say they give priority to email connections.
- In Europe, North America, and the Asia Pacific region, email marketing is the most widely used form of technology for customer engagement; 77.6% against 62% produced by content management and 61% shown by social media.
- 47% of marketing professionals state that email is the most effective marketing channel, compared to 39% for social media, 33% for SEO, and 33% for content marketing.
- 72% of surveyed customers prefer to use email as their main line of business communication.
- 21% of emails are opened within the first hour of delivery.
- 59% of B2B marketers prefer email for lead generation.
- Marketers have calculated that email is 40% better at converting when compared to Facebook and Twitter. However, it must be acknowledged that those social media platforms do have an outstanding conversion rate in themselves.
- 40% of B2B marketers say email newsletters are the most effective tactic in their content marketing strategy.
- 37% of respondents rate email as the most effective channel for customer loyalty and retention.
- Marketing and advertising emails influence the buying decision of 50.7% of customers.
Email marketing boasts a staggering Return On Investment (ROI) of 4200%. That is $42 for every $1 spent! This ROI is based on email’s vast global reach, which makes it an extremely versatile and effective marketing tool. For example, research has shown that email marketing is mostly used for lead generation (85%), sales (84%), lead nurturing (78%), and customer retention (74%). It can be used at the start of the journey, at its completion, and at every stage in between. That explains why this New Zealand digital agency continues to offer email marketing to its clients. They know that trends and fads are temporary – but the selling power of email is permanent.